Guild Bank Regulations

gelmir

• Ipsissimus

GUILD BANK RULES (revised on May 7th)

Golden rule for withdrawal is: you can't take anything from Guild Bank for selling purposes, unless instructed by leadership to do so or if you have special privileges in guild allowing you to do so. You can take items which you can use, not for safekeeping until you level up. 

Following rules are in effect, based on vaults and the type of item in them:

• Level 1-49 consumables (potions, food, runes, scrolls) can be taken by all members.

• Level  50 consumables: Potions and food are for raiding purposes. Only raiders can take them, for guild raiding only. Using those resources for PUGs is forbidden! Those who need consumables for non-raiding purposes, please ask in guild for crafting!

• Crafting materials, Recipes  can be taken for leveling your crafting skills by all crafter-members. If you can, please return crafting materials that are product of transformation, to Guild bank - though this is not mandatory.

• Gear up to veteran rank-9 can be taken by all members for both usage and crafting leveling. Veteran rank-10 gear cannot be taken for crafting-leveling purposes, but can be taken for usage.

Deposit Restrictions

• Consumables for level 1-49 are not to be put in Guild Bank. Only level 50 and above potions and food are allowed in Guild Bank.
Edited by Gelmir
Level 1-49 consumables not to be put into GB.

signatur.jpg  spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

Guest neaNicu

may I ask some questions here or this topic is just for announcements? If so, delete my post and I will create later a thread in off-topic.

Guest neaNicu

I will not actually comment about regulations but just try to understand how I should adjust my gameplay to benefit both myself and the guild.

My current gameplay (without guildbank): explore, quest and receive quest rewards and loot items. IF those items are useful for me (2 handed weapon + heavy armor depending also on level + provisioning), keep/use them, if not -> trade with friends if applicable and sell the rest and make lots of money (what shoud I do with money? Still to be seen...)

Provisioning items + some of the gold is deposited into my personal bank. I know they don't give interest but anyway, just a reflex from real life :)

How gameplay should be (using guild bank)

If I understand correctly: Let's say I'm level 14 but some pieces of my armor are still level 12 or below. I can use gold to buy from NPC merchants but I don't because they are expensive and I'm greedy.

I could ask my armorer friend to make some armor for me.

BUT (this is where the guild bank comes into place) I could also check guildbank and if I find level 14 heavy armor, just take it, say "thanks" to colleagues and use it.

When I'm level 16, I should go back to guildbank, put back level 14 armor and search for a 16 level armor and so on.

This is how the guildbank would help me?

OK, now from my part: should I probably stop selling useless (for me) weapons and armor (like bows, light armor etc.) received from quests but deposit them into guildbank for others to use? This way, we could all have updated armor with lower cost.

Is my understanding correct?

You can't put back anything you wore as it's already bound to your character.

Personally i'm only depositing in the guild bank the following:

- Blue items i don't need on any of my 2 main characters

- Provisioning and Alchemy mats that i gather/loot, as i don't intend to level these professions anytime soon

- Health/mana/stamina potions as i have only had a need for one like twice so far

- Weapon Enchants for +dmg

I deconstruct EVERYTHING instead of selling it to the vendor. This helps me level the crafting professions even if i don't intend on spending skill points in them for the time being. I consider this an investment and soon the prices for the low level mats will skyrocket so i will end up with more gold than i would have gained by selling them. Quests and straight out gold drops are enough for me at the moment at level 22 i have 93 slot bag and 90 slot bank that's about 25k spend on these without selling a single piece of gear.

I see the guildbank as a place to share resources (mats, armour, weapons etc) with guildmates. If you send it to people instead = same result: guild becomes stronger. This is the idea with a guild imo -you help to make everyone strong, so you yourself can become stronger, and everyone has fun :D

To hell with gold :) we can share what we need (ok exaggeration I know, but in my ideal World, we would only need gold for repairs and a horse + horsefood).

I think someone said it was a good idea to dekonstruct all the green and better items you dont use for mats? So you can do that also if you train some skill.

In long term perspective the good thing about a guild is: potionmakers make raidpotions for all, provisioners provide the buff food, armourers provide armour, enchanters enchant it and so on. And since most of us do some sort of crafting (and since crafting is major fun) we all give what we have and take what we need :D ANd everyone benefits and noone goes Down on equipment.

If you want to get rich sell stuff on the side also, noone will hold that against you :) We all need gold for repairs and such Things so we will all have to find a way to make some gold.

But I guess how exactly the guildbank will function is yet to be desided?

I said to deconstruct green+ gear instead of selling it even if you don't care about leveling the crafting professions. But i meant the gear bound to you, that can't be passed to others, giving you only 2 alternatives - vendor it or deconstruct it.

The reason for this is that it often yields the mats needed to improve a gear white-to-green-to-blue-to-purple-to-orange. And these mats are level agnostic meaning that the ones you get from level 2 item can be used to improve level 50.

Guest neaNicu

Gold earned as quest rewards (even without selling items) far exceeds repair cost and horse food. I pre-ordered imperial version, so received the horse for free (this is a joke of course, I paid it with EUR instead of gold).

By level 14, I already have more than 7.000 gold in my bank account.

What can I do with it? In Skyrim, you could buy houses + train skills but here?

What am I saving gold for? Do they plan to implement player houses later or...?

• Ipsissimus

When I derived those rules from our old RIft GB rules, I had following considered (red font means option has no value from GB perspective, green means it does have value):

1. Bound items: they can't be put on bank and as Sal stated, its always better to break (i.e. deconstruct) them, instead of vendoring them. So, from GB perspective, bound items mean nothing to Guild.

2. Not bound items: these can A-) be broken the way bound items are - which is again very good idea, for someone who thinks long-term, or B-) shared with guildies via GB. To that end, rules dictate they can be taken by all members

3. Crafting Mats: these are useful to any crafter and when some member shares excessive mats they don't need, someone from lower crafting echelon can use them. Thus, all crafters can take and use those mats.

(Please note that, if we determine a certain member takes mat and doesn't use it for leveling his/her crafting skill, but sells them, that member will be kicked from guild immediately. There is no tolerance towards thieves in our guild - we have had enough of them in past 2+ years!)

4. Consumables (food, pots, enchantments): These generally belong to two categories - below-50 items and level-50 items. The former can be used by anyone, and they are not valuable in long-term, so all can take those. However, the latter are important for endgame, so only raiders get to use them. If someone wants to share those with a guildie, don't use GB for that purpose please. If you put level-50 consumable into Bank, its for raiders' (PvE and PvP) usage, please be advised!

Additional Important note here: In future, if number of guild ranks increase in the game, I plan to implement ranks applied to new ranks prohibiting them from taking anything from bank, until they become 1 month old members and get promoted to next rank - exactly what we used to do in Rift.

Also if you noticed, under Deposit Restrictions I didn't put anything for now. As we have 500 GB slot space, for now it looks enough. If things get out of control, then we will introduce certain restrictions and save space by keeping less-valued stuff off the GB.

You will spend the gold for gear found/crafted by other players that you need and consumables/repairs for the upcoming raids or trials or whatever they are called in ESO.

Guest Sri Belial

Thanks for the explanations. I have seen the guild bank but I was not sure if I could take anything for my chars or what to put into GB for others.  

• 1 month later...
Guest neaNicu

Nothing to do with rules (which I accept) but I find guild bank less and less useful.

There was a time (maybe 2 weeks ago) when I could find in GB weapons/armor of my level, green, blue. I remember I once found out even a purple weapon.

Now all I can find is some materials for provisioning.

I don't know, maybe is because of my level  but in regard of weapon and armor, lately I only see in GB white low level ones.

This is not a rant, I can live without it, I was just saying.

Even in terms of numbers, there was a time when bank was filled in 400/500, now barely 200 items.

Edited by neaNicu

• Ipsissimus

Its because we emptied it off nonsense stuff last week :) Eventually it will be become useful again, as people reach higher ranks and we prohibit deposition of low level stuff in there. Guild is in transition period from regular levels towards rank-10. That's expected.

Guest neaNicu

short clarification: you say armor/weapon of level VR10 cannot be taken from GB for crafting purposes.

I'm not crafter, I don't care about deconstruction and so on.

Can it be taken for wear (use) purposes even if non-core-raider? (different to the rule for potions).

I know the bank is empty now but let's suppose someone will deposit a blue VR10 armor in the future. Can I take it?

I don't know, maybe is because of my level  but in regard of weapon and armor, lately I only see in GB white low level ones.

I think, high lvl stuff are more valuable and people tend to sell it rather then deposit. I really don't care about money and I try to deposit any useful items that I don't deconstruct myself. I've already hit 50 in clothing and blacksmithing, so I deposit mats instead of crafted items.

I've said it online, I'll repeat it here, please don't deconstruct VR set items. It would be much easier to collect full loot set via GB then searching and trading necessary items.

Sometimes I try to clean up GB a little bit. I pile up items and destroy some crap (worms, crawlers). I hope you don't mind.

Edited by Flavia

Flavia and Flavius Maro

• Ipsissimus

short clarification: you say armor/weapon of level VR10 cannot be taken from GB for crafting purposes.

I'm not crafter, I don't care about deconstruction and so on.

Can it be taken for wear (use) purposes even if non-core-raider? (different to the rule for potions).

I know the bank is empty now but let's suppose someone will deposit a blue VR10 armor in the future. Can I take it?

Thanks for pointing that out Serana. Rephrased that part to clarify it :D

In short, yes, you can take for usage.

Guest Ater

• Level 1-49 consumables (potions, food, runes, scrolls) can be taken by all members.

Deposit Restrictions

• Consumables for level 1-49 are not to be put in Guild Bank. Only level 50 and above potions and food are allowed in Guild Bank.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll:

"'Have some wine,' the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.

Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea. 'I don't see any wine,' she remarked.

'There isn't any,' said the March Hare."

:D

• Ipsissimus

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll:

"'Have some wine,' the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.

Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea. 'I don't see any wine,' she remarked.

'There isn't any,' said the March Hare."

:D

Right :D Will fix once existing consumables are gone... Sorry, I did the edits in a rush while at work :P

Edited by Gelmir

Guest neaNicu

yeah, I have written a text asking for same clarification as Ater did but then deleted it.

I think Gelmir meant it like a temporary basis. OK, people cannot deposit but there is still a stock of 49 level food that can be taken by anyone.

When the stock will be fully consumed, the rule would become useless.

• Ipsissimus

yeah, I have written a text asking for same clarification as Ater did but then deleted it.

I think Gelmir meant it like a temporary basis. OK, people cannot deposit but there is still a stock of 49 level food that can be taken by anyone.

When the stock will be fully consumed, the rule would become useless.

They will stay there until we need to clear the bank.

I'm used to dumping comsumables (found and crafted) in GB, I'm 20ish lvl. I find it usefull even if I'm not lvl 50, fex I would love some crafted food there for all lvls. So from now on I can't drop crafted potions anymore? From when I train alchemy...

• Ipsissimus

I'm used to dumping comsumables (found and crafted) in GB, I'm 20ish lvl. I find it usefull even if I'm not lvl 50, fex I would love some crafted food there for all lvls. So from now on I can't drop crafted potions anymore? From when I train alchemy...

That is correct. Please feel free to put level 50+ consumables tho. Rank-5+ consumables are even more welcome :)