Endgame: Trials

gelmir

Guest neaNicu

To be honest, the answer is "no".

I am aware that all guild colleagues told me that "raids" are the the most exciting aspect of MMOs and I of course trust them but...for me it's just theory, I have yet to see in practice.

So please allow me to be excited (so strange for me to use this English word, in Romanian it means sexually aroused :) about exploring, questing with friends and story for about 6 months, maybe more.

That's enough for what I paid and I am happy.

IF raids will prove interesting and keep me in game after those 6 months, I will consider it a bonus from Bethesda.

That's because at the moment when I joined the guild I thought story/questing/exploring is ALL content available.

• Ipsissimus

To be honest, the answer is "no".

I am aware that all guild colleagues told me that "raids" are the the most exciting aspect of MMOs and I of course trust them but...for me it's just theory, I have yet to see in practice.

So please allow me to be excited (so strange for me to use this English word, in Romanian it means sexually aroused :) about exploring, questing with friends and story for about 6 months, maybe more.

That's enough for what I paid and I am happy.

IF raids will prove interesting and keep me in game after those 6 months, I will consider it a bonus from Bethesda.

That's because at the moment when I joined the guild I thought story/questing/exploring is ALL content available.

Good! Good! :) It means we have freshman (to raiding) among us and his excitement will be interesting to observe...

signatur.jpg  spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

I so remember I didn't want to hit max lvl in WoW because then the game ended.

It really truly doesn't :D

But ofc I'm also very excited about exploring and questing and crafting and fishing and the stories... and finding books to read.

I'm so slow at that anyways so the endgame is far away :) Still it's nice to get a peek.

Guest Thomasbee

I'm excited about all of it... all my past experience in mmo's I now view as "training" for the Elder Scrolls, I've waited so long for this game(life) I'm going to savour every moment.... really cant wait to get started.  

Guest Sri Belial

Endgame? Tomorrow the game starts. My chars will be born and are all excited to see and explore the world.

I will think about "endgame" much, much later ...

Good! Good! :) It means we have freshman (to raiding) among us and his excitement will be interesting to observe...

As long as it his excitement in English, not Romanian that you want us to observe :)

I think they have it right with the number 12. Not sure how is it going to play out at Veteran levels but the first dungeon that i did in the Beta at level 12 was chaotic as hell. Can't imagine having 20+ players on a "raid" when the tanks are limited to just a couple of threat/taunt skills and the entire nature of the fights is far away from the total control they have in games like WoW.

Guest Sri Belial

"End game" sounds to me so "final", so "utterly fatal" like "game over", see you next life/game. Maybe we should recoin the word "end game".

Yes, I am excited about this, too, but I will take my time to explore the world first, to master my skills, to produce and consume thousands of potions and kill uncountable myriads of NPCs that cross my way ...

Guest Shakaki

Well to be honest, i am still un-sure how will ESO Raids look like. So i am a bit sceptic about it.

But nonetheless, i am deffinitely going to enjoy all the other aspects of the game and hopefully raids will surprise me with exciting adventure.

Edited by Shakaki

• Ipsissimus

Actually as classic MMO raiders, we should be prepared to change our views on raids from this point on: ESO isn't 3rd person effective MMO, so 1st person MMO gameplay drastically will change our raiding experience :)

signatur.jpg  spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

Guest Xaqar

Actually as classic MMO raiders, we should be prepared to change our views on raids from this point on: ESO isn't 3rd person effective MMO, so 1st person MMO gameplay drastically will change our raiding experience :)

What do you mean with not 3rd person effective? I played in beta and almost all in 3rd person to keep a nice overview, maybe just because I’m used too but I like it better than the 1st person anyway especially when a lot of stuff happens around you and you when you play in a group. Anyhow I am looking forward to the adventure zone dungeons and the twelve man trials! This text was posted on eso website a few days back, it`s pretty vague still but gives an idea of upcoming pve end game content:

Craglorn (Adventure Zone)

The first ESO Adventure Zone is called Craglorn, a zone that is situated between Hammerfell and Cyrodiil. All content in Craglorn is built for a group of four. The story revolves around a mysterious removal of the constellations from the sky, so the Warrior, the Thief, the Mage, and the Serpent all play a part in unraveling the mystery of Craglorn.

Imagine a zone similar in setup to a standard PvE zone, but tuned for a group of four. Follow a story, or just go explore. Delves are instanced to your group; these are the interior spaces where you’ll always find a boss and a Skyshard. There are events similar in mechanics to Dark Anchors but with a different fiction—and much more difficult. There are also story areas that are similar to very large dungeons—each has a quest guiding you through them. These can be replayed as much as you want. And this is just the tip of the iceberg: there are lots of little events, a full storyline and quests, more crafting opportunities, and entries to the Trials, our large-group Veteran PvE content.

Twelve Person Group PvE:

Trials. Twelve people fighting through an increasingly difficult experience. A Trial is instanced to your group of twelve. There is a staging area where you can plan your attack and the Trial itself.

In a Trial, you will have a limited number of resurrections, known as a Soul Reservoir. Too many resurrections mean that you have failed the trial. It takes a lot of coordination to survive a Trial. The enemies you face in a Trial will be difficult, while the surroundings are some of the most beautiful places in ESO. Provided you do survive and make it to the end of a Trial, your group might make it to the leaderboard. Trials have a running clock and mistakes, including deaths, can add a time penalty. Turn in a great time, however, and you might make it to the top of the leaderboard. If you fail, your group can restart and try again.

source: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/03/26/esos-veteran-content

1st person is rather useless for grouping as you need the awareness of your surroundings that only 3rd person view can offer. Thankfully it's available, you just have to zoom out.

You don't have to aim exactly at the mob, anywhere near it is good enough, or you can target it explicitly with TAB and then you only need to be looking in the general direction in order to hit it. It's not like a 3D shooter, where you need to aim perfectly.

Although raid content never excited me too much to consider it a must, most of the mmorpg gamers i know (and i know alot in my line of work) turn down games that dont have raids, that includes most of my friends so i do hope they implement the trials and maybe even more raid enviroments in the game, i may in the end up convincing them to play ESO :D

Edited by Morier

"Regere Sanguine Regere In Veritatem Est"