PVP tactics!

Tyronus Venurori

I figured if we are doing PVP nights as a guild, it might be good to have a pre-agreed set of tactics. I am starting this thread to open up the floor for general PVP ideas and advice, since we've been playing the game for a while now and a few of our veterans will probably have figured out by now what works and what doesn't.

For starters, I think it is important to be aware of the following:

When attacking

-It is always better to do a "direct hit" on the fort than to take resources. Don't listen to the people rambling about "teleportation" or whatever; so long as the keep is under attack, the enemy can neither teleport in or respawn there. In other words, attacking the keep first is the same as launching a surprise attack. If the enemy wants to lift the siege they will have to first teleport to the nearest adjacent keep and ride from there.

-The only siege equipment you really need to bring are stone trebuchets and battering rams. So long as the enemy doesnt place any oil out, the battering rams take down the gates in no time at all.

-Don't bother with siege repair kits. Just stay well-stocked on actual siege equipment.

When defending

-Know that you can burn enemy siege equipment even when it is manned. People don't seem to have figured this out yet, because the enemy always places sieges in front while the rest of the group waits in the back. This means you can be quick and sneak-jump from the top of the wall, run forward and burn a trebuchet, and most likely have time to run back to safety behind the gates again without dying. I do this all the time, with a decent 50/50 survivability rate considering what a suicide mission it really is. :P

-Oil is your friend. Use it and abuse it whenever you can!

-Flame Ballista works as well if you want to focus on siege equipment rather than infantry.

-Always keep a couple of wall and gate repair kits handy; there tends to come the occasional window of opportunity where you are able to repair the keep even mid-siege.

Both

-It's always a good idea to place a forward camp if you expect heavy opposition. We've all been at the point where we die in an awkward spot where healers can't really go ress you without dying as well.

-Catapults are absolutely useless. Don't buy them, don't use them.

That's all I've got, but I'm sure I've missed plenty. Does anyone else have some PVP goodies to share with the guild? :)

• Upvote 2

"Greetings! M'aiq knows many things. What is your interest? You seek knowledge. M'aiq has much. Some of it verified by actual facts!"