From Officer Forums: Raid Core Guidelines - Discussion

gelmir

Gelmir, you couldn't wait any longer. :D Yesterday I saw you in the dungeon. What do you think about it?

As I saw in reviews, some bosses have special abilities that are triggered after certain time. It's very important to kill such bosses as soon as possible. 

Flavia and Flavius Maro

• Ipsissimus

Gelmir, you couldn't wait any longer. :D Yesterday I saw you in the dungeon. What do you think about it?

As I saw in reviews, some bosses have special abilities that are triggered after certain time. It's very important to kill such bosses as soon as possible. 

I just proved my original idea: don't enter there before rank-5 :P

And yea, such timeout abilities are called "boss enrage".

Edited by Gelmir

signatur.jpg  spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

• 3 years later...
  • Ipsissimus

Unlocking this topic for further discussions. If necessary, we can close this one down and open a new, fresh one. But I didn't do that so far, in order for people to get acquainted with points expressed in early times of the guild. Any input is welcome!

signatur.jpg  spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

Guest neaNicu

To be completely honest, re-reading now after 3 years, quite a lot of those rules seem either out-of-place in ESO (2 roles minimum/char, mains only, loot distribution), either just common sense ("don't come to raid drunk"), either suited to more hardcore / progressive guilds (3-4 raids per week and especially the mandatory presence at a minimum number of raids/month). And most important part is missing: stats, gear, CPs etc.

Social guilds who raid on veteran (but only for completion/farm, not for leader boards) only have some generic rules for participation (like 300 CPs, purple gear, golden weapons) and some more restrictive rules regarding healer/tank gear (Spell Power Cure, Worm, Ebon etc). That's usually all. Sign-ups in calendar to get priority. If based on sign-ups, raid is not full, only then the raid leader will start asking in chat or friends etc. There is no mandatory presence for a minimum of raids/month.

But again this is from my experience in raiding with social (not hardcore, not competitive) guilds who only aim to complete said veteran raid and to farm it, not to fight for leader boards or to be 1st guild on server to complete it etc. Under such conditions, we were still able to complete 3 out of 4 raids and I have friends, more social than me, with more contacts, who completed even the 4th trial in social guilds so it's far from impossible to raid on highest difficulty without too many rules, unless you want to compete for leader boards.

But I am just trying now to help with perspective since I won't probably join the so-called "Core Raid Team" so my opinion is not very relevant in this discussion. Anyway, since this guild is just being formed and raids on vet are months away from now, I think there is plenty of time for discussion. To start raiding on normal, you don't need any rules for sure and not even a raid leader, just to gather 12 people, out of which 1 tank and 2 healers and port to instance :)