Updates for Week #1

gelmir

• Ipsissimus

Greetings esteemed members of Lodge,

As you know, we worked very hard in past few weeks and managed to create a decent guild, with awesome people in it. However, I noticed some things in the guild which are a bit "off". In this email I will note those and also provide you with some news and issues of interest.

GUILD IN GENERAL

Guys, we are too... how to put it?... inattentive? A new recruit joins our ranks, someone says "Welcome!" and not one soul joins that welcome although we have at least 15 people online! This situation really hurts me, it's not who Lodge is - we are community of nice people, and almost always, when a recruit candidate checks our forums, reads about us, they come with tons of compliments. But seeing such an indifference from the inside, it's totally weird. Let's change that please! One little "welcome" can't be hard, can it? Let's not become another dead and soulless guild where members don't give rat's arse about each other. I understand someone from our ranks might be such person - please let me tell to such people thisLodge is not a place for such people! Please leave now! I am sorry to say that, but I aim to create friendly and nice environment here. I hope you understand and I wish you all the best in advance, should your decision be to leave us!

PVP EVENTS & CAMPAIGNS

As you know, @PduJ is our PvP Officer on duty. We are new to the game, we all try to explore the game as fast (and/or as good) as we can. So some big guild events might be hectic in regards to organizations. We understand that, but nevertheless, we will do our best to organize them until we hit level 50, on weekends. For that, we will be utilizing our guild forum Calendars. So please check back on forums frequently and keep an eye on right column where Calendars reside. You see an event there interesting you, check it and join it (by using RSVP feature). It's paramount that you check forums regularly (they play very important role in guild's life).

For additional questions on PvP, please contact @PduJ. He is the man!  :)

PVE: DUNGEONS & FUTURE RAIDS

Officer in question is @Hoood (forum name Shakaki). He will do his best to organize dungeons etc, but until most of us get to level-50, no Trials.

Also, when time comes, we will need good number of Support, Healer and Tank roles. And very good and effective Damage Dealers. Please special care to your specs and builds!

ROLEPLAYING IN LODGE

We invited @xXHerbManXx to our Officer club, as our RP Leader. He will need all our RP'ers' support to get things going, so please contact him and help him to organize something. We also have created an RP section to the forums, where you can discuss everything related to the topic.

TEAMSPEAK

Last but not least, I realize some of us might be shy to speak on Teamspeak voice server. But nevertheless, I invite everyone to join us there, even if its for listening. 

That's for now, see you in the game! Good hunting!

signatur.jpg  spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

Guest Takissougias

For the first part i will speak Glevi about the guild chat and communication, thank you very much for report this. You have 100% right about this and i have speaked about this with my friend how dead chat is ( not misunderstanding me, i saying that for speak about my opinion and we need to fix it  all together must work for make it. and ofc  many time its my fault too iam not so active too guild chat many times) and my opinion is we have to speak more about the game on guild chat for lear one from each other for these reason is the guilds and this is a new game so we need each other. Also its seem very little but its to big for make a bigger and friendly community,when some1 writing on guild about a little achivment(about buy a mount or a good loot) if we always avoid him a day will come and we not differnce from a graveyard or solo playing. AND i saying again it is my fault too some times but now i have the opportunity too speak about it.

It was expected that forums would die a little right around launch right? Atleast I expected it -everyone would be caught up in the game.

But turns out the forums are still active, atleast some ppl are.

I think (I'm sorry to say) that we grow too fast.

Humans are made in a way so we can manage to know a certain amount of ppl, and at some point with too many ppl it becomes a blur.

Before launch we where not so many here and I had an idea about who ppl where, I felt I had a chance of getting to know ppl.

And I know it's bad to say this, because a lot joined, so please, this is in no way meant to aim at anyone, it's just a fact.

And I will ofc try to get to know all of you :D

Second problem is the game itself:

1. Storylines why lvling is very indulging. I atleast have to concentrate at the stories told to me, so I don't talk much in g-chat while questing, and more while emptying bags and crafting.

2. Same problem with TS. I find TS disrupts my gameplay -because I like the stories and don't want to miss them, and ppl talking on TS while some npc explains her lifestory of sadness, is a disruption.

3. We can't really group: A. Faction isssue? We can't group with those not of our own faction *cry* and here I had hoped Serana had some evil twisted plan to make Malva her slave or omg a vampire. B. Zooning issue? We can't group and quest together if we are not doing all quests in the same way, because of the game zooning or instancing areas.

I think when raidcore is created atleast those participating there will become a tightknit group, so that is good. But it is also very bad if we get divided like that -because we will be if we are not carefull. I know as I've tried sitting outside and not having much talk with raidcore ppl due to them being really bussy with raids. So that might become different factions within guild: raidcore, pvpcore, rpcore and the rest. Sad :(

What can we do to prevent it?

-mixup raidcores and have a group big enough to circulate

-participate in more then just one aspect (like do both raidcore and regular pvp)

But it is up to the ppl doing those things, as you can never force anyone to be social.

Also just talk a lot :D

Talk really do catch I think. And it does not matter what we talk about.

And don't be shy. We don't bite (unless you want to become a vampire, then someone might be ready to bite you).

Also did you guys know we can form a band? :D

Be the first to make a band weeeee and give performances in towns. Because you know it is cool if you ever did play WoW ;)

L70ETC Rogues do it form behind ;P

• Upvote 1

Guest Takissougias

Yes Nuin you have right about the gamw i want also read the quests and follow the story of game, and its more difficult for me and take double time many times i read the dialogs two times for understand waht saying cause i dont know good english and it is hard understand with first time :o

I wholly agree with everything NuinNuin said. I feel the game is just too immersive and people get caught up on it and fail to read the guild chat often, at least i know i do. At first i discussed this with my RL buddy who is in the guild too "takissougias" cause as i told him i felt people were ignoring me, maybe cause sometimes i talk or whine too much about stuff :P but then we agreed that its not people's fault but the game's  :rolleyes: . I think this thing will correct itself once people get to 50 and have more time to spend on chat and know each other better by then  :alc: /

• Upvote 1

"Regere Sanguine Regere In Veritatem Est"

i especially like the growing too fast argument, because you need time to get to know people, and with 60 ppl, it's not going to work. Besides, if someone is slacking or not attentive or anything, it's hard to check/notice with so many people around. I wouldn't mind a temproary stop to invites for a moment.

• Upvote 1

Guest Aeriea

Thanks for the update Gelmir..

There's a few things going on here huh?  One is specifically regarding the forum...  I know I don't check in often enough, but I think that is going to change especially as there are going to be good reasons to come back.  For example checking the calendar for events and other items of news.  It was cool last night to get info from a guildie in game chat about a video they'd posted to the forum - again a good reason to come and browse :)

Then the seperate issue of in game guild chat.  Last night it seemed nice talks were going on, but it's obvious to me that there will always be the extroverts and those who are also more shy.  Getting the balance right is kinda important - tooo many of us all talking at once could be very hard to follow as well!

There is a natural limit to how large a group of people individuals usually interact with - I seem to remember about 130 or some such - but of course it's a different kind of interaction then than when the group is smaller and each individual feels closer to the other members.  Some of the size issues relate to the group needing to hit a certain size before for example the guild store can open - but we got there now I think?

I expect that pvp events will be a very good way for the members to start to interact more in game and in sizeable groups.  Maybe that will be reflected by a more active forum too?

We should try and get some guild bonuses in pvp sometime soon - a keep and such would be a nice wee boost to our stats  :)  And therein lies another issue... of course a bigger pvp presence is likely to be more 'successful' in some of those achievements.  Bigger guild = larger pvp presence (maybe!).

All a big balancing act - but we're very early days yet and I'm sure things will even out over time.

• Ipsissimus

I agree with most of the points, if not all. So in light of things said:

1. I will reduce, even maybe stop recruitment once we hit 75 member roster. Right now, new guys we got in past 2 days are mostly friends of our guildies. Almost no new recruits via ads posted in Audiron.

2. I tend to agree with argument that game is quite captivating and people can easily miss guild chat and newcomer welcomes. :)

3. Additionally, I think ranking system we inherited from Rift won't really work in here, as: A) game doesn't have vault-segmented guild banking, B) crafting is totally different dimension in ESO and you can't just limit members' GB access based on rank. So I re-enabled GB access for everyone. Will be revamping ranking system to fit ESO needs again.

4. TS - guess I agree there. TS can be nuisance from time to time :) 

Thanks folks for your input! Feel free to send more.

signatur.jpg  spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

+1 for ESO being so captivating. Most of the tiem i'm listening to NPCs or trowing spells left and right trying to stay alive with my flimzy full light armor sorc. And dying became expensive 200g+ per broken item. So miss the guild chat often unless i'm in town unloading my bags.

Regarding the Guild bank restrictions (or rather lack of ones) I suggest one or all of the officers create a mule char to hold the most valuable end game stuff. It's not ideal i but still something

Also i understand that different factions can't group even for dungeons at the moment. This makes me angry at the Devs as it's not what they promised, so i went with the Pact because i liked the atmosphere best from my beta experience. Hopefully this will change at 50 when i should be able to pick a second faction and do their story line. Meanwhile i would like to apologise to everyone for not being able to land a hand, what good does it make for me being one of the highest levels if i can't do that.

Guest Meladriel

I concur with much of what has already been said. I'm so busy IRL that I haven't been been able to play that much yet. I'm still only level 5 and am also completely new to MMOs. I'm a fast learner, so no doubt I'll be up to speed in a couple of weeks though.

The game feels very quest driven. There's much you can't do until you've reached level 10 and completed the starter island, so I'm pretty much absorbed in doing that. Also, as someone who completed a couple of beta weekends, I'm still grinding through a load of quests I've done once already. I'm really keen to get them out of the way so that I can move onto something new as it feels a bit repetitive at the moment.

I used TeamSpeak a bit over the weekend, but was nervous of doing so as I'm used to single player gaming and in-game chat is new for me. Also, I'm still getting used to the software and had to get advice as my mic was picking up NPC speak and game music. The folks on the chat were really helpful though :).

Re the chat functionality, it definitely seems a little quirky. The text is very small to read and the chat box seems to disappear randomly. I'm sure there's some logic to it and you can change the settings but it's one more thing I need to learn about the game.

Definitely going to take me a couple of weeks to get to grips with everything.

Edit: Also, meant to add. I love these forums. They are much slower paced than the in-game chat options. This allows me to be able to catch up on what's going on and get advice outside of game time, when I'm on the train or having lunch at work for example. It's also easier to get to know people on here, who you'll then recognise in-game. Maybe it's because I'm new to MMOs. The forum feels like a much more accessible way to get to grips with guild life.

Edited by Meladriel

Guest neaNicu

Great post Nuin.

I know from previous games I played (shooters) that Teamspeak is a great tool for real-time communication where needed (pvp mostly I guess in a MMO) and also for socializing but it also has some disadvantages: not only that disrupts the game immersion but it also isolates you from family.

When my wife comes home and sees me with my headphones on, she is hesitant to come because she knows I'm into discussions with other people, she knows that I use voice activation and every noise from room is heard by people on TS etc. Of course I can press "muted" but...I just want to say that from my years experience on using TS -> for people with family, TS should not be used permanently (daily) but only from time to time. It's better this way.