Officer Position Vacancies

gelmir

Guest NeedfulLad

"What is a PvE Officer required to do? Because I see that the position is open and it's an important one at that, so I could try it out if no one else is willing and see how it plays out from there."

Is what I said to Gelmir before I got scolded to post it here.  :) 

The reason I didn't want to write it in an open forum is because I am not sure about how I good I can be at this position and wanted to be sure I am up for the task.

So what is there to do as a PvE officer? So far from what I have seen groups are made on the spot for dungeons or world bosses.

Guest Wonder

Application for PvE Officer / Assistant PvE Officer - Kristenzen

With the PvE Officer slot opening, i'll throw in my application since this is where i myself have most experience from MMO gaming.

So first, the reason why i also open up the possibility for applying as an "Assistant PvE Officer" is:

1. I'm fairly new to the guild, and officers must know their members. This can only change for me over time.

2. I'm not as high level as the rest of you yet, so raiding might start before i get there, or might not. Currently i'm also very green on knowledge of end-game content.

3. Raid Leading is from personal experience a very demanding and time consuming position, others are depending on that you know every aspect of the
content, best raid composition, knowing the skills of all classes, that you have a little knowledge about which persons does which jobs best (DPS, Tank, Heal), and so on.

- So, this is the main reason for why i'd hope there will be an extra opening, since raid leading is best performed if a couple of people put together their skills to organize and lead the rest.

So, my own experience mostly comes from World of Warcraft, and boils down to raidleading guilds through content on a hardcore/semi-hardcore basis from Classic through Cataclysm such as (for those who knows/played WoW):

Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, Ahn'Qiraj, Naxrammas, Tempest Keep, Black Temple, Ulduar, Trial of the Crusader and so on, up untill start of Mists of Pandaria, which i haven't played on a serious basis.

So, hope my points will be considered, and ofcourse ask if i missed anything.

- Kristenzen

• Ipsissimus

Thyworm, I am expecting your PvE Officer application here mate :P

@NeedfulLad: Generally what Kristenzen said. You should know all classes - their pros, cons, sparkly sides, drawbacks. You should be able to know about Gear in game, crafted included. You should do a lot of dungeons with your guildies to know who shines in what role. 

I plan on having at least 2 officers for PvE duty so that this task was performed easily. So I expect official applications here :P We are a bit far from raiding, as we are leveling right now - yet, nonetheless, we need to know each other from early on. So don't hesitate if you lack knowledge about the game. Come forth, we will work it out.

signatur.jpg  spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

This is for you really Herbman, because I apply here for a position that does not exist, yet: RP assistent. (inspired by the PVE assistent).

I have been thinking about what I think is fun in this game, and it is writing stories. Right now I write just for me, but I would like to also write something for the whole guild. And come up with some RP events for Lodge.

I have years and years of RP experience outside of games. Most round-the-table games as both dungeonmaster and player. I've also done live RP as a player and semi-live as dungeonmaster.

Ingame RP I have done in Ultima Online, but it is maybe 8 years since.

• Ipsissimus

Actually our Officer positions are not limited to one person, so no worries there.

We will discuss this with Herbman in Officer forums and you will either assist him in general or have RP task delegated to you [we will be splitting certain tasks and assign to each officer].

Dear guild,

I'd like to apply for the PvE officer position.

I've been a raidleader in WoW - done everything in The Burning Crusade and after killing Illidan decided to quit - and also in Lord of the Rings Online and Star Wars The Old Republic. PvE is my main reason for playing MMO's. I am usually up for a dungeon when it offers a challenge and in other games I actually leveled by doing dungeons. You can do that in WoW, but in here the mobs hardly give xp, so it's not really an option unfortunately. The questlines are nice as well though, so I'm not complaining.

If I would be to lead a raid, it would very much be like you see in my video's. Just me talking a bit, have a nice time, kill some bosses, and in the end hopefully progress steadily through the content. Just like PvP, the PvE content is a nice opportunity to get to know each other and to have fun together. 

I'm very curious about the end-game content and about all the different classes and fitting those together. It would be an interesting challenge to see how that all works out. I'm always up for a little discussion about builds, distributing points, gear etc. 

I will need some help with understanding the other classes. I'm playing with them a lot in dungeons, but the nightblade and sorcerer are still not very well known to me. 

I hope you will consider my application.

Yours,

Wim

Guest Takissougias

My friend Wim i will can help you for know nightblade. Iam not know mach yet but we can together make some good decision about the class

Guest HarunAlHaschisch
Community Manager - yep, we need someone who could take care of forums: organize topics, so that people can find information in the most effective way possible. And also help members if they have problems with forum usage, though this task of secondary importance. Foremost, we need a "Keeper", if you will

Application for Community Manager / Keeper - Harun:

Hey,

I want to take part in the organisation of this guild, since I think it's a nice place to be in. I would be most effective as a sort of community manager as you describe it. I've been moderating a forums in the old flyff guild of mine(which actually had 1k+ users). Having some knowledge in webdesign and administrating I can change and add stuff to the website if needed or wished. The same goes for TeamSpeak-Administration if needed. Usually I enjoy working from behind the scenes, making sure that everything works properly.

On the front end I can moderate forums and topics, checking if everything is where it belongs. Experiences in the past have shown me not to be too harsh with people, since most of them don't post something inapropriate or in the wrong place on purpose. Also there is an efficient warning system in IPB for those times when there's a troll around ;D.

On the backend I can look out for maintenance and adding new features to the forums. My past experience is mostly with MyBB and Wordpress(though the normal CMS/forums softwares are pretty straightforward). I have some working knowledge with CSS, HTML, PHP and MySQL, as well as handling a linux server.

Seeing that I am a new member who maybe isn't always online I can understand initial scepticism but I am willing to do the best in the time I have. There is some free time in the days ahead for me where I would love to answer any questions you might have. Send me a PM here or ask me for contact details for the messenger of your choice(Actually I only use Skype, FB and Steam... :D). Also I can join the TS as needed.

Thank you for the consideration,

Harun

• Ipsissimus

Thanks for your application Harun. Before considering someone for Community Manager position, I'd like to see that person quite active on forums for a time. I will definitely consider your application if that proves to be the case. Thanks again and welcome to our little abode! :)

Guest Takissougias

Hello, Iam Searching how i can  help Lodge of Sorceresses. most i like be Raid leader, always was on wow(but only for greeks guild) this is my problem and make the thinks more complicated(i dont know good english, also we have Wim and this is enouhf for me). i cant do something like this, raid leader or an officer who will need to speak all time or use "difficult" words. I was playing wow since vanila stoped after killed deathwing after this i just lvl up my char. After this try rift,tera,lotro, and one more dont remember the tittle now. I know this not need for my application but i want you know more about me.

Only way i can think for help lodge of sorceresses is to be master crafter and a merchant. As i said the first day when i apply for enter to guild i like to craft and i will give a lot of time on this.

Iam playing a lot iam full active also iam playing from my work every morning(i am online only for chating) this is very good for can manage the guild bank and check it every day

I like to craft and give time for it i can manage learn everything about clothing and blaskmithing also i can help with guild bank. this not need so good english so i can manage it. Maybe must w8 til 50 for this applycation but i feel ready for this. So i want just let you know my thoughts.

• Ipsissimus

Guys, I think we might need Raid Core Recruiter Officer, as an assistant to PvE Officer. That person would need to have good insight on classes and skills; and help us to recruit right classes for certain roles in raids. Of course this idea (needing Recruiter assistant) is my draft (in-progress) idea, so I am open to any suggestions from you.

I haven't talked about this to Thyworm, our Raid leader, so this is absolutely fresh idea, based on input I have received from you through forums or in-game. Let's hear some thoughts, ideas, suggestions, even applications (looks at Sal :P )

Guest Sepirothine

i see no one is applying for recruitment officer...

so id like to put myself forward for this... im finding the guild a little empty... we have 100+ members on.. at most ive only seen 30 or so active :/ which saddens me

• Ipsissimus

i see no one is applying for recruitment officer...

so id like to put myself forward for this... im finding the guild a little empty... we have 100+ members on.. at most ive only seen 30 or so active :/ which saddens me

Yea, for some reason, some players stopped coming to the game altogether (small minority of them), and some play quite seldomly (once or twice a week).

Generally there is nothing special to Recruitment Officer role: I posted guild advertisement here, to be posted in all Veteran zones. We generally don't recruit low levels, unless they are friends of our members or some other unique case exists. And candidate only needs to read guild intro here at forums and register; once registration is done, we will invite them.

And last but not least: you should have read everything about the guild here at forums, to have in-depth information about it. 

In this retrospective, please confirm you still are interested in the job. :)